Monday, July 14, 2008

Merry Old Land of Oz

Posted by Sarah

pm- 3 mile run with Ryan- PENDING

It's been a while since I've posted! Wow! Let's see if I can recap this weekend appropriately...

On Saturday Ry and I got up early and went out to run with our training group. I ran 11 miles in 1:51:49 (10:09/mile) and it really sucked. I was sucking wind by the end of the run. It was so muggy and the last 4 miles were in the sun with no shade and very hilly. Not only that, but I've told you all my eating escapades this past week and it felt like every ounce of sugar and fat were clogging up my system. It was brutal, but I toughed it out. Ry pulled out his new record of 6 miles. The last mile was a struggle for him also but he toughed it out and finished the run. I'm proud of him. He's really trying to take ownership of running and I think he's really starting to enjoy it. I need to get us registered for our races very soon. He's going to run the KC Half Marathon (I need to confirm with him whether he wants me to run it with him) and then I need to get signed up for the San Antonio Marathon before the discount period ends!

Post run, I went to a baby shower for my friends Justin and Ashylnne. They got some really cute stuff. I had to get the little guy his first pair of running shoes. Those shoes were so tiny! Ry and I had a fun time picking them out.

Saturday night we went over to the house of a friend from church and played games and had dinner with a bunch of folks from our church. My church is big enough that there were about 15 people there, all of which go to my church, and I only knew 3 of them. It was a good time.

Yesterday we went to church. After church I came home and did a scrub-a-dub-dub on the house and the laundry. Ry was at church all day long.

Last night we went to a Springfield Lasers tennis match. It was so fun!

Whew...that's the condensed version. It was busy. Tonight I'm going to run and do homework that I didn't get finished yesterday.

Countdown to vacation...3 days!

TODAY I LOVE: almost being on vacation and a good banana


SONG OF THE DAY: "Merry Old Land of Oz" by Harry Connick Jr.

1 comments:

JenZen said...

OMG - you're already up to 11? My training schedule just has me at 8 for the next couple of weeks. Whew! Great job pushing through it! I felt your pain too - my stomach felt like I had a brick sitting in it. I have GOT to get better eating habits.

Hey - if you haven't signed up I have a coupon for $10 off for the SA marathon and half. I'll send you the code when I get home.