Friday, August 15, 2008

Unplayed Piano

Posted by Sarah





Ok, I'm super in love with this book. It is Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I literally can't put it down. If you're not into total fiction with vampires and werewolves it probably won't interest you, but if you want a cute love story I would recommend it. So cute. I scarfed my lunch so that I could read as much as possible! I'm about 3/4 of the way through it right now and hope to finish tonight so that I can move onto the second book in the series. Yay!

Not much running to report this week. :( My knees have gotten a big rest this week before we ramp up the miles again. I have a 12-mile run tomorrow but I'm not all that worried about it. Oh, and you know how I've been talking about the whole diet thing. I need to eat healthy but have guidelines. That's hard! I don't want to follow a diet, per se, but I need some healthy restrictions. I work well with guidelines. Believe it or not! I found a great book that I read the other night called The Runner's Diet. It's promoted on Runner's World. It's not really a "diet" but trying to get nutritionally sound advice for people who run. How to adjust your calories for your running output or lack thereof. It was very interesting and something I can follow. However, it does require me to start journaling my food again. I have trouble keeping it up, but the challenge in the book is to do it for 2 weeks and then reevaluate. I can handle two weeks of honestly about all the food I eat. I think I will be shocked at the amount of stuff I put into my mouth. If this will help me show off all the lifting I've been doing to try to be a little more lean and cut- I'll journal everything! :) I really want to look and feel fabulous when we go to San Antonio. After watching all these ripped people in the Olympics- I need to drop some body fat. Gheesh, are those Olympians not amazing? I just look down at my flabby thighs and cringe. I've got the running and lifting part of my fitness plan in place, no changes needed there, I just need to get the nutritional part of the fitness under control. I can do it. I can be very disciplined when I want to.

TODAY I LOVE: reading a REALLY good book and getting totally wrapped up in it!

SONG OF THE DAY: "Unplayed Piano" by Damien Rice and Lisa Hannigan

1 comments:

tulsasahms said...

Did you see the women's marathon!? It was amazing!! I thought the lead woman was insanely athletic. I don't think she had an ounce of fat on her entire body.

Simply amazing. I've never seen anybody run a marathon. It was awesome.