Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'd Rather Be With You

Posted by Sarah

It's almost funny to me now how the morning runs aren't working. I'm kinda laughing a little. Last night, on my way home from work, I had a lecture to myself on sucking it up and getting up early to run. As I was packing my bag for the gym last night my mom called (remember she is in town this week). She asks me to go to breakfast with her. Ok, kinda forgot she wanted me to do that sometime this week. So today I had to sacrifice my run to eat breakfast with my mom. I was aggravated about it initially, but then I thought how selfish am I? Seriously. I am lucky enough to get to eat breakfast with my mom once in a blue moon. After all, it is my own fault I've missed running the last two mornings. I got up early this morning and went to meet my mom for some grub. It was a fabulous start to the day. I'm so, so thankful I went to see her. I'm going back to pick her up again after work to drive her around and to have dinner.

Ry had to go back to work last night to work on their catalog. Grrr. He was there until 1:30am! I know he's tired and really frustrated with things. I miss my husband. My real husband, the husband that is not stressed or upset with work, the husband that doesn't snap at me on accident, and the husband that actually listens to me when I call him and is not distracted. I know he can't help it right now, I just miss my guy. I hope he comes back soon.

I'm having a great time learning all the awesome Google tools and features that are out there. Man, was there really life before Google? I'm hooked.

TODAY I LOVE: my mom

SONG OF THE DAY: "I'd Rather Be With You" by Josh Radin

1 comments:

Willie said...

Please disregard my comment yesterday about getting out there and running. You are so right about spending time with your mom. That is so much more important than running. Balance, balance, balance, that's what this crazy life is all about. I see my mom maybe once a year for only a couple days so you are really breaking my heart today.

Your husband is very luck you have you and it sounds like you are lucky to have him also. That kind of love is amazing to me and a wonderful thing to see. Good for you, I know it sucks to miss him like you do but it's a credit to you and he that you do, OK does that make any sense??

Hang in there, you have so much going for you and you can run anytime. That's the great thing about it, you can leave it for days, weeks, even years and it will still be there when you get back and it will still be as wonderful as ever.