Sunday, September 28, 2008

Settle My Accounts With You

Posted by Sarah

I have had a fantastic weekend. The sun has been shining, the weather is perfect, and my husband is happy again. Yesterday we had a date! We went shopping a little. I had a coupon for $20 off a pair of sunglasses at Sunglass Hut for my birthday. I got these:

They are super-cute big sunglasses. I've always wanted a pair of big sunglasses. I usually go for the more athletic Oakley look, but these DKNY are really fun and they were on clearance so we got a GREAT deal with my coupon. I also got myself a brand new:
Isn't it cute? A new Cubs hat! I hope my Cubs do well in the playoffs. It is time! This could be the year!
I went running yesterday too. I decided not to go with my group. I freaked that I would get all the way out to the turn around (4 miles) and then hurt myself and not be able to get back. So yesterday morning I got up and ran here at my house.
9:00am- 3.5 miles in home neighborhood- COMPLETED

Not nearly as long as what I wanted to run, but at least I did it. I've set a goal with myself to get to the gym everyday this week. I have prize in mind in the end if I get it completed. I just need to get back into the habit of getting up early. Once I get that accomplished I won't need prizes and goals.
Anyway, overall last week was pretty crummy. I don't want to dwell on it, but I have some fail-safes that should keep this week great. Want to hear them? Here they are :
1. This old gal's birthday is on Friday. So, what other reason to strive to the end of the week? :)
2. I'm going to get up and work out everyday. Endorphins ALWAYS pick me up.
3. "Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." ~Lance Armstrong. Hmmmmm....what groin injury?
4. I'm going to focus on my friends more this week. Less internal and more external. If last week taught me anything it is I need to be more of a servant and less someone wanting to be served.
5. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. !Romans 5:3-5 What more do I need? Seriously.
Let's all have a great week. Try being happy despite it all the bad things. :)
TODAY I LOVE: freedom to speak my mind and also my new Cubbie hat. :)
SONG OF THE DAY: "Settle My Accounts With You" by Matthew Barber


2 comments:

Willie said...

There you go again being positive! Such an inspiration. Great glasses, very "Holly Golightly". I believe you have the ideal attitude to be a Cubs fan. Only an eternal optimist could continue to say "This could be the year", year after year after year!

BTW, figured out what Grey's club was from Jen's comment. I should have just asked her anyway, seems to be my link to all things cool now days.

Willie said...

Hey love the new look! Great site