Monday, September 29, 2008

Born To Run

Posted by Sarah

5:00am- 4 miles (30 laps) on indoor track at Y- COMPLETED 39:39
6:00am- 40 minutes of lifting- upper body- COMPLETED

Wah-hoo! I did it! Day One of the Sarah Challenge was successful. That was my longest run post-injury. I had considered running outside, but I opted for the track for three reasons: 1) it's dark outside and I didn't want any boogie men to get me while I'm by myself, 2) I didn't want to pass out somewhere in a dark neighborhood without someone with me, 3) I didn't want to get all the way to the end of the loop to turn around and hurt my groin and then have no way back. The track was bor-ing, but I did it.

I had such a great day yesterday. I spent a good portion of the day updating my blog theme which turned out to be quite a challenge. Thank heavens for my dear friend Mark helping me in the end. I don't think I watched any football, but The Movie Channel was playing some awesome old movies yesterday! I was nearly late to church because I started watching Rebecca. Man, you can't beat the old black-and-white movies and you definitely can't beat Lawrence Olivier and Joan Fontaine. I read the book several years ago and fell in love. I might get that book out and read it again. Later in the day I was able to watch The Parent Trap with Hallie Mills, Brian Keith, and Maureen O'Hara (the original), which is a billion times better than the remake with Lindsay Lohan. If you haven't seen the original you need to rent it immediately. AND THEN to cap the day off, it ended With Six You Get Eggroll with Brian Keith and Doris Day. Can a tv schedule get any better than that??

TODAY I LOVE: fabulous old movies and endorphins

SONG OF THE DAY: "Born to Run" by Bruce Springsteen

1 comments:

Willie said...

Wow what a perfect day! If it had only been snowing and you had a nice blazing fire to sit in front of and watch old movies all day! Would need some Audrey Hepburn movies though to make my day complete.

Great job on the run. 3 miles on an indoor track?!? If you weren't insane before I bet you are now! I think water-boarding would be less torturous!