Thursday, October 16, 2008

I Will Follow You Into The Dark

Posted by Sarah

This will probably be my last post until the weekend. Tomorrow begins the Adventures of Ryan and Sarah in Kansas City! It is always an adventure when we leave the house. :) I love it. Anyway, we leave for the big KC tomorrow afternoon, will go to the expo and pick up our packets, and then we'll run the half marathon on Saturday morning. It will be Ryan's first big race!! He's a little nervous because both of us haven't been running at all lately due to injury. I'll admit, this might be a bit of struggle for us, but no matter the time there will be a medal in the end. I'm going to have fun and not worry about anything. I hope he can do the same. Then, post-run, we're going to goof around Kansas City for the rest of the day and spend some time with Ryan's family.



I promise to not be lazy and get the camera out. I've been so bad lately at getting carried away. I need to document Ry's first race! Our friends Ryan and Anna started training today for a 5K at Christmas. Yay! Good luck guys! It's worth it in the end!

I went back to the dentist yesterday and had a cleaning and then a re-check of my teeth to make sure some the questionable spots were not really cavities. Well, they were. I need 3 fillings and 2 onlays. Yuck. I am so dreading how much this is going to cost me, but I just have to remember that once I get it all taken care of I promise I'll go to the dentist regularly and get cleanings and checkups. No more 8 years in between!! I promise! I just hope it doesn't hurt. I think they'll numb me up pretty good and give me the happy gas. Maybe I'll plug my iPod in my ears so I don't have to hear it. That would be good. Ry needs to go to the dentist now. His teeth are tons worse than mine. He really needs to get it checked out.

I need to apologize and give a very delayed shout out to my friend Anastasia. She ran a half marathon last weekend and totally killed it. GREAT JOB, ANASTASIA!!! I was a complete dunce and forgot about it, thinking only about the LA Half she's running in December. Sorry about that, girl!

I have to go on my lunch today and buy some more Sharkies for Saturday. I wish there was more than one store in town that carried them.

Oh, one more thing! I have a new favorite thing. Twitter! I like it because I can update my facebook and stay in contact with folks via my cell phone. It's fun. You should check it out and then add me as your friend! :) Thanks to my friend Sarah Jo for giving me the heads up on such a cool thing.

TODAY I LOVE: pre-race excitement and Twitter

SONG OF THE DAY: "I Will Follow You Into The Dark" by Death Cab for Cutie

CURRENTLY READING: "Glass" by Ellen Hopkins

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks and good luck to you and ry on your half marathon this weekend. you'll both kick ass no matter what! i bet you'll both do better than you think despite the lack of recent runs. you'll never know. :)

Willie said...

Good luck and have fun in KC. Be sure to hit the Cheesecake Factory on the Plaza for me.

tulsasahms said...

Good luck Sarah and Ryan! Have a great time and enjoy it. It's awesome that you're doing this together. Savor the moment. :-)