Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Where is my Happy Day?

Posted by Sarah

I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
- Clarence Darrow

That would be me today. What is going on? I chose my song of the day very carefully, tenuously choosing such lyrics as to preempt a great day ahead of me. Fate is laughing at me today, my dear friends. Har-dee-har-har.

Today started with me getting mascara all over my face, dropping Ryan's applesauce container that goes in his lunch on the floor (which then in turn splashed up my slacks), coming to work and spilling my oatmeal all over my hand, and coming to work and dealing with work. Don't even get me started on the nasty evil that lives here at work. It's enough to ruin my day for years if I let it. Although, I do believe I could politely kill a few people today.

I read a magazine last night and in it were some articles on publicizing yourself and helping your blog along. Ok well I'm not smart enough for that stuff evidently because I set it all up and can't figure out how to use it. I'm going to have to do a lot more research and reading and playing to get things the way I want them. Boo. I need computer code/building/design lessons. Anyone game enough to take me on? I know just enough to be dangerous.

I need a run tonight. I think I will get one in.

TODAY I LOVE: apples and peanut butter

SONG OF THE DAY: "Happy Day" by Fee

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Sorry you're having a crummy day - I'm kinda there with you :) Hopefully our afternoons will turn around and we'll be happy as can be by the time we come home!!

Riley and I love to snack on Apples and PB - how fun, we match :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah - Sorry 'bout your "bad day," but I'm sure you've recovered nicely, and with grace, as usual!

I wanted to belatedly congratulate you and Ry for your KC half marathon accomplishments! I think its just great that you guys are able to run together!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

As for the KC half, that was my first long run, in 2006, and yea, it was a HILLY MOFO if I do say so myself, and I came away with Achilles issues that took awhile to heal!

I see you stayed out in my neck of the woods (Overland Park). I'm at 144th and Switzer. How close were you? :-)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Anonymous is me - James :-)