Monday, June 16, 2008

Viva la Vida

Posted by Sarah

5:30am- lifting- arms- COMPLETED
6:00am- spinning- COMPLETED

I decided last night that I was going to have a good attitude about today and about this week. I'm determined that I'm going to get a lot accomplished at work this week, I know that I'm more than capable to handle my job, and I am a smart girl and can tackle problems as they arise rather than let them snow me under. I can do this.

Then I woke up. It seems as if Murphy's Law is trying to kill me. Nearly everything I touch is turning to poo right before my eyes. I woke up late and didn't get to the gym until 5:30, my workout was crap (I went through 4 spin bikes before I got one that worked properly), I wanted to get to work early to get a headstart but had to immediately change plans because evidently we are getting ready to get yet another torrential downpour and my roof is leaking in several spots. I had to go home and cover up my computer and turn it off because the roof is now leaking right above the computer. I called my dad on my way into work to wish him Happy Father's Day (because I couldn't get ahold of him yesterday) and he was just kind of a jerk this morning. Normally I'm very tolerable of my dad and his many moods but this morning it just hit me wrong. I just don't understand how someone can be so mean and nasty to the people who love him the most.

I'm still determined to have a pleasant day. I need to make a serious dent in my work pile today. I also need my Ryan to come home and give me a hug.

TODAY I LOVE: Jergen's Firming Lotion and nice girls at the gym that want to run with me

3 comments:

RunnerGirl said...

I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't rain again...for your computer and my backyard!!

We watched golf all afternoon yesterday too! GO TIGER! I was so, so excited when he pulled off that putt - now I'll be constantly checking updates online for the playoff game today. I totally won't be productive as of 1:00. :) I had a fantastic time at the zoo with you, and I loved meeting George Carlos!! LOVE YOU!!

Anonymous said...

i think you need a million hugs right now. hope your day gets better.

Anonymous said...

Hey there. Thought I'd stop by your new site. I'm flattered to see that I'm "James, The Marathon God" around these parts. That may be a wee bit of an exaggeration, but I think I like it! :-)

Hopefully, you'll one day refer to me as "James, the Ironman God" (even if a more appropriate label is "Finisher").

If I were to have a label for you, it might be something like this:

"Sarah, Winner and Radiant Beam of Positve Energy" :-)

KEEP YOUR SHINING YOUR LIGHT (DESPITE YOUR CURRENT ADVERSITY)

P.S. AND KEEP AT YOUR SUCCESSFUL FITNESS QUEST!