Thursday, July 03, 2008

Fidelity

Posted by Sarah

5:00am- 5 mile run Panera Bread loop- COMPLETED- 47:15 (9:27/mile)
6:00am- 45 minutes of lifting- lower body and abs- COMPLETED

Good run this morning. Shoes did alright and I do believe the inserts are helping. I still think I will get another pair of new shoes. I will probably continue to use these shoes as a backup for shorter distances, definitely not my long runs. I think I might zip over to the running store on my lunch today and have them check my feet to see if they've changed any. I don't like people messing with my feet, but I'll gladly have them feel my arches and check my shoes to see if my pronation has changed. I'm almost half tempted to buy my shoes there this time only because if the shoes don't work out I can take them back and they will exchange them. We'll see.

I'm sure you all are bored silly listening to me talk about my shoes everyday, but as I like to remind you this is my blog and I can talk about whatever I want. :) You can always just skip over the first paragraph because it's always about my workout.

One more running thing...my friend Jen told me today that she is going to run the San Antonio Marathon! YAY!!! Rock on! I'm so excited about this. I'll get to meet her finally in person. I think that my other friend Amanda is considering running the half in San Antonio. It should be lots of fun. This will be Jen's first full marathon and I'm excited that I'll get to be there to see it. She's speedy so she'll probably finish before me, but hopefully she'll hang out afterward so I can give her a big sweaty hug!

In other news, my cat Callie has yet another urinary tract infection. My poor baby girl is so miserable. Time for more medicine... George Carlos shredded yet another entire roll of toilet paper this morning. If we leave it on the roll he shreds the paper. I put it under a basket on top of the toilet and he found it and shredded it. Any ideas on how to kitty-proof toilet paper?

Ry and I decided that we are going to Branson this weekend instead of St. Louis. We don't want to drive that far, it's supposed to be raining, and we just want to chill out and relax. I'm very thrilled at this decision. I'm bummed that we won't be going to the zoo, but on the other hand, I'm ready to relax. This day can't end fast enough!

I'm so, so excited about this Sunday. Ry is playing at LifePoint Church again this week and I think my crew of friends from Second are coming to listen too! It will be such a fun time.

Have a good holiday everyone!

TODAY I LOVE: the eve of holiday weekends and retractable black sharpies

1 comments:

JenZen said...

First of all...meee...speedy???...PUHAHAHAHA. I laugh. Girl, you are bustin' 9:30s for five miles!!! I can barely keep that pace for three. I'm shooting for between 10:30 and 11:00 pace for the full. It may be a little much for my first one but I'm gonna try.

Is this Amanda from Oklahoma Amanda or a different one?

I was shocked how much I like the Saucony's. It IS like running on a cloud. One of the girls in my running group recommended them for me. She said she liked them b/c "they're squishy". And THEY ARE! Ha. I have the Saucony Trigon 5's. AND they're about $30-$40 cheaper than the Asics. nice.

Great job on your run! How many tomorrow?