Monday, August 04, 2008

Chasing Pavements

Posted by Sarah

5:00am- 7 miles on Panera/Battlefield- COMPLETED 1:11:07 (10:09/MILE)

I promise to stop talking about the heat and humidity, however, today at 6:04 (according to the bank sign) it was 88 degrees. That is hot. I was sweating like crazy. I know people were looking at me funny when I walked into the Y and it looks like I've just taken a dip in the swimming pool. Nasty!

Tonight we are going to a Springfield Cardinals game with Ryan and Anna, the new music minister and his fiance from our church. I haven't gotten to meet Anna in person yet, as she is still finishing college in Alabama, so I am excited. Based on our Facebook conversations she seems like a sweet gal. I hope I get some energy before then...I'm nearly wiped right now. :(

George Carlos is the SWEETEST kitty right now. He just wants you to love all over him and hold him. Perfect kitty.

I made some really cute cards on my mom's Cricut this weekend. I love that machine. It's super nice of her to let me borrow it.

TODAY I LOVE: Kansas Jayhawks and the Chicago Cubs

SONG OF THE DAY: "Chasing Pavements" by Adele

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah! Looks like you're in full swing for marathon training... I do remember the days when it got so hot, so take care of yourself out there!

I am thinking of running the KC Half, but I'm not sure yet. I haven't run more than 5 miles in a while because I'm trying to go easy on my knees, but with the biking I think things are a little more balanced out so I'm going to give it a shot. Anyway, just wanted to drop in and say hello! You can always shoot me an email at kristinrenea (at) gmail (dot) com if you like! Hope to see you in KC in October!! :)