Thursday, August 21, 2008

Crash Into Me

Posted by Sarah

5:00am- 4.01 miles on Independence- COMPLETED 37:52 (9:26/mile)
6:00am- lifting- arms and abs- COMPLETED
Evening- run with Ryan- TBD

This morning as we were running out the YMCA I got my first opportunity to see a real life fox! I could see something in the distance and it looked like a cat or a chihuahua. As we got closer it was a red fox. Oh my gosh, so beautiful. It just sat on the grass as we ran by. They have the biggest ears and such a fluffy tail. I wish I had had a camera at the time. It was perfect running weather again this morning, 68 degrees with a light sprinkle/rain.

I called to talk with my mom last night. She informed me, albeit grudgingly, that she had to go to the emergency room on Tuesday because she thought she was having a heart attack. Oh my gosh, that was totally the wrong thing to say to me! They ran all the tests and came back that she just has severe irritation on the pericardium (sac that surrounds your heart). It's a lupus side effect. It scares me. The heart is a problem in my family. All the more reason for me to be super strict and healthy in everything I can. Now, if I could only get my mom to stop being complacent about her health and take an active approach.

TODAY I LOVE: my good friend Jessica for whom I am grateful for and Jergens cherry almond lotion (thank you Anna for introducing me to this!)

SONG OF THE DAY: "Crash Into me" by Dave Matthews Band, in honor of losing a fantastic musician, LeRoi Moore, the sax player for the Dave Matthews Band

0 comments: