Monday, August 25, 2008

Crazy

Posted by Sarah

5:00am- 4 miles on Independence Ave- COMPLETED 37:37 (9:24/MILE)
6:00am- lifting- legs and abs- COMPLETED

I had a super great weekend. I mean seriously, it was good nearly all the way around. That doesn't happen very often! Ry and I both had great runs on Saturday morning, me running 16:86 miles in 2:54:32, and Ry running 9.16 miles in 1:37:20. Afterward we had the blessed joy of relaxing around the house. That evening we went out to iHop and had dinner so we could hurry home to watch the men's marathon (more on that later.) Sunday, well, Sunday was an experience all its own.

I'm very proud of our American marathon runners. They ran their race and they ran it well. Ryan Hall was being very smart and very conservative, he just ran out of road to catch the Kenyan. I did not think the lead pack could hold that 4-minute pace for the entire race, but they were amazing. I even cheered on the Kenyan at the end. He was amazing. I'm sorry for Ryan Hall not getting to medal, but I'm very proud of him. He did his job. I'd much rather have a smart marathoner than a stupid one who goes out too fast and crashes in the end. And, on that note, I'm very proud of all our Olympic athletes. We are so lucky to have such good athletes! Its sad the games are over. I'm going to be in withdrawal.

Ok, Sunday. I absolutely cannot put into words how amazing and phenomenal was our new service. Oh. My. Gosh. It was so evident that God had His hands in our church....Oh! The preaching, the music, the technology, the media, the lighting...you name it. The energy and drive was unmatched from any worship setting that I have attended. Not only that, but the service was FULL! Our sanctuary was brimming at the seams. We had over 1,000 more people attend church this past Sunday than 3-months worth of Sunday's past. Can you believe that? Ry was incredible, as usual. He has such a talent.

Oh, and I spent 47 minutes on the phone with Garmin on Friday. D2 needed a software update. Who knew? Also, they thought she had some corrupted satellite data. I had to let her sit with the satellites for 20 minutes. She's much better now. :)

TODAY I LOVE: Aveeno moisturizing body wash and having 2 working legs

SONG OF THE DAY: "Crazy" by Gnarles Barkley

3 comments:

Rachel said...

God is good, all the time, put a song of praise in this heart of mine........What a blessing to see God totally working and to know that your family is blessed and blessing others by being a part of that. Way to go where the Lord was leading!!

Anonymous said...

does ihop serve other kinds of foods besides pancakes? i'm just curious since i've never been there before. i hope it's similar to denny's.

have you started using vaseline or astro glide on your feet for your long runs?

JenZen said...

Sounds like a good weekend! The men's race was great! We watched it too. It just blows me away how FAST they are!! Holy cow!

mmmm....IHOP....Pancakes.....syrup......Mmmmmmmm