Thursday, August 07, 2008

God of This City

Posted by Sarah

5:00am- 7 miles on Panera loop/Battlefield street- COMPLETED 1:10:10 (10:01/MILE)

It was a great run this morning. My body was clicking along, my mind and spirit were uplifted, and I felt good. I still don't have my new shoes yet, but I am hopeful that I will get the phone call from the store today telling me they are in. Wouldn't that be super?! It's been exactly 1 week since I took my other shoes back. Anyway, I was very happy with the run today.

I have 17 miles on Saturday. Am I ready? Who knows. Maybe the Olympic spirit will push me to the end! :)

Another uplifting thing- my eyes are healing nicely. I have confidence that when I go back to the doctor on Friday she will tell me good news and get me all set up.

Yesterday I asked you all the important question- who are you? Did you have any luck? Are you any closer to knowing who you are? I am. Well, I'm closer. :)

I am:
God's Child (Jn 1:12)
Christ's Friend (Jn. 15:15)
bought with a price; I belong to God (1 Cor. 6:19-20)
a saint (Eph. 1:1)
complete in Christ (Col 2:10)
free FOREVER from condemnation (Rom. 8:1-2)
confident that the good work God has begun in me will be perfected (Phil 1:6)
a citizen of heaven (Phil 3:20)
salt and light of the earth (Matt. 5: 13-14)
God's temple (1 Cor. 3:16)
God's co-worker (2 Cor. 5:17-21)

Well, those are just a minor few of the things that I am. Do I believe all that in my head? ABSOLUTELY. Do I need to remember it in my heart when I get down in the dumps and need an attitude adjustment? ABSOLUTELY. So, who are you?

"Your belief about yourself determines your behavior."

TODAY I LOVE: super awesome vanilla biscotti coffee and antibiotic eye drops

SONG OF THE DAY: "God of This City" by Chris Tomlin

3 comments:

JenZen said...

GREAT JOB on your run this morning!! Way to go! Fingers crossed that your new shoes come in today and that they're as perfect a fit as the old ones. Whew - 17...I don't envy you that. I'll stick with my paltry 12 thank you very much! :-)

Oh - I ordered the book you suggestd too! It will hopefully come in a couple of days. Can't wait! Thanks for the advice there!

Sarah Jo Austin said...

Glad you're feeling better! I downloaded your song of the day (only the original Bluetree version).

If you and Ryan are up for it, we're watching the Olympic opening ceremonies on Friday night, and we'd love to hang out. We promise to keep it low key.

Anonymous said...

how's the blister on your foot? better, i hope. don't forget to apply generous amounts of body glide or vaseline on your feet for your 16 mile run!

you know, when i tell people that i'm an american, they get offended with that answer like i gave them a wrong/bad answer. i was born in the u.s., that makes me an american, right?