Sunday, August 31, 2008

How Can I Keep From Singing?

Posted by Sarah

First of all, I must say that I have the best husband, the best friends and best encouragement group in the ENTIRE WORLD. I am so blessed! Thank you Ryan, my love, my life, for being the best husband and caretaker a girl could ask for. Thank you Jessica for doing my job and yours for 2 and a half days (with a smile) to make it possible for me to stay home and rest. I owe you so much. Thank you to Mark and Laura for the bag of goodies and movie to keep me occupied. How can your day not be brightened by a huge bag of Skittles? Taste the rainbow! :) Lastly, thank you to all my world-wide friends who have dropped me a line on my blog with a thought, a prayer, and a lovely word of encouragement. It has taken all those precious words to build up my wall of resolve...and you all did it! I thank you.

If you can't tell, my spirit is much lifted today. I am somewhat able to walk! Yay! I made it to church today with nary a hobble! It feels like a stiff rubber band that aches when you stretch it, but it no longer shoots pain down my legs. All this rest has been such a blessing. I know I wouldn't be where I am now without it.

Yesterday was so hard! I was lying in bed while my running group was outside pounding out 20-miles. I'll be back out there soon. I just have to stop being jealous of the runners and know that I'm going to be back strong!

We had a great church service today. If I could just keep this feeling from the music and the message all week....wow, it would be something. I guess I look for church to get me re-charged for the week. I'm so jazzed about stuff right now. We had a very moving moment in church today when we commissioned a two members for mission work in India. Wow, what followers. Would I be able to sell everything I own and move across the world? Without my friends or my family? Hard to answer.

Jen- haven't heard from you girl....are you ok? Do you have to evacuate? You can always come to Missouri....be safe.

TODAY I LOVE: my church and the realization that God is enough

SONG OF THE DAY: "How Can I Keep From Singing" by Chris Tomlin

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad that you are feeling a boost today!!