Tuesday, September 02, 2008

In This Life

Posted by Sarah

Since I can't discuss running because, well, I can't run right now and that would just be incredibly boring just to read about how much I want to run, I've decided to start a new topic for the next few days. Running is my life, and running makes me happy, so I have been wracking my brain to think of another something to write about that makes me happy and can take the place of running for a while.

Those of you that know me well know just how much I adore the fall season. I wait for this time of year all year long. I'm not a summer girl (it's too hot and I don't really like wearing shorts), I could really do without winter (I'm cold most of the time anyway so any reason to be colder is not fun), and spring, well, it's not really my thing either. Too wet. Fall, on the other hand, is my exact cup of tea. I've decided to devote everyday this week to talking about what I love most about fall.

Day No. 1~ Why I love Fall...the sights, smells, and sounds

Can there be any more beautiful a season? I think Fall in Missouri is one of the most gorgeous places to be. The leaves change from a stunning jade to soft buttery yellows, deep vibrant golds, rich bloody crimsons, and bold elegant eggplants. The hills and the valleys look like a patchwork quilt or a patterned masterpiece all layed out for my eyes to devour. It is the one season that I could ride in my car for hours just looking at the canvas out my window. Ry indulges my craving for such beauty and drives me around the countryside to see the views.

I love walking around and watching the brightly colored leaves fall to the ground and swirl at my feet. Not only that, but the churning breeze that removes the leaves has the sweetest smell. It's like a refreshing glass of water. It's blowing out the hot air of the summer and bringing in the cooler winds to prepare for winter. The breeze carries the smell of burning leaves, of sweet trees, and fall cookouts. The breeze also carries the sounds of marching bands in the distance, football games, and fall picnics.


Oh how I wish it were fall now!!!

I hope you all had a great Labor Day. I know I did. Ry and I had the opportunity to see my brother-in-law Brock for a short period of time and that was very nice. I haven't seen him since his graduation back in May.

TODAY I LOVE: being able to walk and the blessing of rain coming my way

SONG OF THE DAY: "In This Life" by Delta Goodrem

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad that you're ok with everything that's going on. i hope you continue running if you can even though your body is falling apart.

Willie said...

You amaze me. You are so inspiring. Please don't go back and read my posts when I was hurt earlier in the year. I'm so embarrassed now that I let myself get down. You set the standard for how to act when your hurt. I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy (Wayne's World flashback, OK I'm old!)