Thursday, September 04, 2008

Be OK

Posted by Sarah

Before I get onto talking about fall, I thought I should give you all an injury update. I'm sure you've been on the edge of your seat for days wondering how I am getting along. :) The groin pull is recovering a lot faster than anticipated. I can walk normally now without the strange swagger, I can put all weight on each respective leg, I can lift each leg, I can climb stairs, and I can effectively get in and out of cars. I am still sore by the end of the day and am afraid to try running. I'm going to give it a few more days before I even attempt that feat. It is hard to tamper down the rising panic of missing yet another long run, but I know I will be better by waiting until I'm fully healed.

The heart stuff...who knows. I have had to push my record button twice on my little monitor. I hope my test goes well tomorrow. No eating or drinking (anything, not even water) after 10pm tonight. I'm going to be STARVING. My test won't be over until around 11am on Friday!

Day No. 3~ Why I Love Fall...the anticipation of the holidays

It's a holiday packed season! You've got my birthday, Columbus Day, Halloween, Veteran's Day, and Thanksgiving all in just a few short months! Can it get any better than that? Yes it can! You have the anticipation of Christmas hanging out on the horizon.

Since I've been married my birthday has taken on a whole new life thanks to my husband. I used to just have a birthday, then it moved to my birthweek, last year I had my birthday month, and this year...he has given me an entire birthday season! I, of course, don't argue! He spoils me rotten and I just love him for it because he makes it so special. We've never been big gift-givers for birthdays so the little things he does for me are so very special. I have an entire birthday season this year!

Columbus Day is a great day because it is yet another holiday that I get off work. It's right smack in the middle of October so it is a perfect day to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather and scenery that I discussed on Day 1! Not only that, but not everyone has this day off so you get to enjoy it in relative peace. :)

Halloween is fun because of the little kids and the sugar high. Children and babies are so precious on Halloween dressed in their cute little costumes. Halloween treats are incredible also. Candy corn, bite-size candy bars, orange-iced cup cakes, and popcorn balls.

Veteran's Day and Thanksgiving I really don't think I need to explain why they are special to me. I think they are special to everyone for various reasons.

AND then...as if all that excitement isn't enough...you get to think about Christmas!!!

TODAY I LOVE: red sharpies and cheerios

SONG OF THE DAY: "Be OK" by Ingrid Michaelson

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucky you for having a whole birthday season. i think a whole season may be too much for me. my birthday is in december....

Evan's Mom said...

A whole birthday season?!? Does your husband give lessons? LOL

Hey, I just wanted to check in with you. I'm glad your pulled muscle is healing faster than anticipated. I am anxiously awaiting your update after Friday's doctor's appointment.

Love ya.

--Johnna