Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Congratulations

Posted by Sarah

Gustav has arrived in Missouri. It's raining! I'm not going to complain because we need the rain. My yard is looking fried about now. Not only that, but I simply adore being at home, snuggling on the sofa or in my bed, when it is raining outside. Anyway, onto more important things...

Day No. 2~ Why I Love Fall...the attire

I'm a very cold-natured gal. As a general rule I tend to wear long-sleeved garments year round. In the fall, I can wear my favorite outfit- long-sleeved t-shirts or sweatshirts, a comfy pair of jeans, and sneakers and not be out of place! You don't have to wear a coat in the fall to cover up and be bulky. It is the perfect outfit for walking outside, attending a football game, or watching a parade. If you get too hot it's an easy fix- just shed a layer! With this get-up you can easily shed a layer of sweatshirt too cool off without the naked indecency of summer. :)

Not only that, but fall running attire is super cool. You have enough clothing to be decent (unlike summer running clothes when you're practically running around naked because it's too hot). Fall running clothes are perfect- long sleeved tops and shorts. Can you beat that? It's the best of both worlds!

Lastly, the colors of fall clothing cannot be matched. The sweaters are glorious in their jewel-toned brilliance. Sweatshirts, well, they are just always awesome because people dig out their college favorites or Alma maters and wear those school colors proudly. Go Bearcats!

*Sigh*

In other news, I changed my blog theme again. This one took me a little work to get everything added, and as you can see, it is still a work in progress. I couldn't get it to load properly this morning, and I think if you have my site bookmarked you need to add me again so it loads correctly. Boo. Overall I'm pleased with it. There is still a lot of stuff I want to add but I was getting very tired last night and gave up. :)

Oh, one more thing...please pray for Grandpa B (Ry's Grandpa). He had a heart attack on Sunday night. They did the angiogram yesterday and we got to hear the results last night. He has main arteries that are blocked. Surgery is not really an option as he is 90-years old. The family is trying to weigh all the options now.

TODAY I LOVE: the rain and great library systems

SONG OF THE DAY: "Congratulations" by Blue October

1 comments:

Willie said...

Bearcats? OMG you're not an Ohioan are you? My goodness that would be interesting. Ohio is my home state although I'm from the opposite side of the state from Cincinnati.

Anyhoo, I'm hoping to come close to a Boston qualifying time at the Dallas White Rock marathon in December. I also plan to run the Route 66 marathon in Tulsa and the Spirit of Survival marathon down in the Oklahoma mountains(I know, that's funny to me too!).

Really hope you get back on your feet soon.

BTW I love the fall too! I used to live in upstate NY and the colors were awesome.