Friday, September 05, 2008


Posted by Sarah

It's been quite a morning. I nearly passed out in the shower (couldn't push my record button on my device because you can't wear it in the shower) and I nearly passed out in the car while I was waiting for Ry to take care of some business (and I did push my record button.)

Much has evolved since I posted yesterday. I got out of the car funny (evidently) yesterday at lunch and aggravated my groin again. I spent an evening gingerly relaxing on the sofa. Yuck. My doctor called yesterday afternoon and told me that of the readings they have received from my recording device, I do have quite an arrhythmia. So instead of waiting for all my tests to be completed and then making a cardiologist appointment, they went ahead and scheduled me an appointment. The earliest I can get in is October 16.

This morning I had a stress echocardiogram. I've never had any sort of ultrasound before, as I have never had kids, so it was kinda cool seeing my heart in living color on the television screen. The technology they have these days! Wow! You could see each pump, each chamber, each valve as it did it's job. They took the first round of pre-pictures immediately. Our technician was very nice and explained everything we were seeing. He was so knowledgeable! After the pre-pictures I had to sit around and wait to have my stress test and then the post-pictures. I think we waited for almost an hour and a half to have the stress test. It was insane. I guess the woman before me was having some trouble. Anyway, I've never been in a facility where the nurses, staff, and technicians were so nice. They even gave me a little box that contained chocolate, a gift card to Wal-Mart, and some heart healthy recipes because I had to wait so long. How nice is that?! When it came time for my stress test it was actually kind of funny. They kept telling me to stop on the treadmill when I hit my limit...that never happened so they just stopped me! So funny. It's a crazy race in there because the technicians only have 90 seconds once I get off the treadmill to get the remaining pictures. Not only that- but I have to stop breathing so they can get the shot! Go running for around 13 minutes on a severe incline and then try to hold still and not breathe. It's hard.

Test went fine. I have no idea the results because they are all very tightlipped about those things. I was like a limp noodle after it was all said and done. This test had to be completed while I was fasting. SOOOOOO I hadn't had any food OR water since 9pm the night before. I walked out of the doctor's office at 1pm! Ry was a peach and treated me to Chick-Fil-A. He doesn't really like that place (I know, he's strange sometimes) but he endured it for me. I love that guy.

Not really feeling so hot right now. Dizzy with a heck of a headache. It's probably a combination of lack of food and water and it just being one of those days.

I smell like a hospital and it stinks. You know the smell...the smell of those gowns, the smell of the ultrasound goo that doesn't really come off until you've had a shower, and the smell of the bed sheets. Ugh. My entire torso is one sticky, stinky mess. I had nearly 20 leed wires attached to me and the goo.

Well, enough of that. I'm alive. I survived. Not only did I survive, I managed to run (well, more of a jog) on a treadmill with a groin injury! I AM Wonder Woman!

TODAY I LOVE: Chick-Fil-A and really nice technicians

SONG OF THE DAY: "Clumsy" by Our Lady Peace


Evan's Mom said...

You are wonder woman! :-) I know this time has to be stressful for you. You are in our prayers constantly. Almost every night when I put Evan to bed, we sing prayers and you are always in them. We pray for your heart and for God's blessing to be on you. We all love you. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date.

Willie said...

Maybe your husband should just make you stay in bed for a month or two, or three, or four. I sure hope you get over your injury soon. I am also very hopeful that your heart troubles get resolved soon.

I'm sure you were the most spirited heart patient the doctors and nurses have ever seen! I'm still in awe that you can stay so positive when things are happening to you. Truly inpirational.

anastasia said...

you're she-ra and wonder woman. such strong (not literally/physically) person for putting up with so much, especially with the injury you have. october 16 still sounds far away, but at least, the doctors made the effort to get an appointment with a cardiologist on the earliest possible date they can get for you. i bet you were one of the sweetest patients that the doctors and nurses have had in a long time and they were beyond happy to work with you.