Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Black Tables

Posted by Sarah

5:00am- 3 miles running, 2 miles walking on Panera Loop- COMPLETED

I admit, I freaked again this morning. Jackie and I were running along and it started hurting just like it did before and I just freaked out. I was so afraid of re-injury that I walked back to the Y. When I got back to the Y, I stretched pretty well and everything is fine. Why do I do this? Am I always going to be so skittish about re-injury? I think, as a temporary solution, I'm going to start running only every other day and to do some form of cardiovascular crosstraining on the other days. Maybe that will get me semi-running strong again without tiring the muscle so much as to strain it again? I don't know. I'm running out of options. I have come to the realization that the two races I have coming up are strictly survival races. It's not going to be about the time or performance, just to finish. Am I ready for a full marathon in 47 days? Truthfully the answer would be no, but am I going to finish a marathon in 47 days? Yes. The time will probably be disgustingly slow compared to others, and I will probably have to walk a good chunk of it, but I don't care. I'll get my two medals either way as long as I cross the finishline. :)

Ry is coming home tonight. Yay!

TODAY I LOVE: office supplies and google!

SONG OF THE DAY: "Black Tables" by Other Lives

3 comments:

Willie said...

I know you know this but remember to come back slowly. Running is a life-long pursuit and there will be marathons next year, the year after that, and the year after that. Make sure you can run forever. Don't get down, I've been there, it's so easy to lose sight of running as a lifestyle and get caught up in targeting a race. Please take it slow. You are an athlete. You are a runner. Races didn't make you that, living the lifestyle made you that.

Anonymous said...

hi sarah,

this is hao, blazinblades from xanga. how great to see your blog here. all my runner friends use blogger. i am the only odd ball. :) so what happened? what's the injury? take care. i'll catch up with you later.

hao

Anonymous said...

you can use the elliptical machine as a crosstraining. it mimics running, but it's also low/non-impact and you're exercising in one spot...so if you do need to make an emergency stop, it's ok and plus, the restrooms are super closeby!