Sunday, September 21, 2008

Glory Days

Posted by Sarah

I can't believe it has been so long since I've posted! Since Tuesday! Gosh, that has to be some sort of record for me. :) It has been a crazy week!


Short recap- work has been super crazy, but I've put forth a movement to have a super-positive attitude and not let other's negativity affect me. It is a lot more challenging than what I thought, but it is working. It has gotten people talking and is slowly helping the department morale. That is my goal! The way I figure it, if I can "let my light shine" and people start wanting to know why I'm happy because they want it too...I'm doing something right. :)
Yesterday I went to my first big, well, HUGE college football game! My dear friend Betsy's brother, Forrest, plays for the University of Missouri football team. As of yesterday they were ranked #5 in the nation! Let me tell ya, for a small town girl this was quite an experience for me. I was overwhelmed by the traffic, the tailgating, the alcohol, and the mass of people! The game had an attendance of roughly over 65,500! It was amazing. Also, as you all are well aware, I am a lifelong Kansas Jayhawk fan and the Mizzou Tigers are kind of our rivals. It was a tiny bit hard to put on a gold Mizzou shirt and cheer on my rival, but I justified it because they weren't playing the Jayhawks and also because I really wanted Forrest to play and do well. It turned out to be a good game. The score was a lot closer than what we thought it would be. Thanks to Betsy and to Forrest for the tickets! We had such a great time. Here are a few photos from the game, if you should want a few more, go to my photos and check out the album:


Ry and I from our seats. Look at those shirts!

Barron, Betsy, Ryan, and me...and Betsy's dad Frank sitting over there on the far right.

Oh, and I'm sure you can't really notice, but my hair really is blonder than before. She didn't want to totally rock my world so it is not as blonde as I had anticipated or wanted. I'm going to have to have the hairdresser lighten it up again. However, it is quite a bit shorter. I believe it is called a "shattered bob." Not that you can tell from these pictures, geez, I was sweating like a pig.

Lastly, GO CUBS!!! My Chicago Cubs clinched the National League Central division! Wow!

It's time to jump feet-first back into marathon training! Yay! Here is my schedule for the week:

Monday: 4 miles
Tuesday: 6 miles
Wednesday: 4 miles
Thursday: 4 miles
Friday: rest/cross training
Saturday: 16 miles
Sunday: Rest
TOTAL MILES THIS WEEK: 34

Let's hope it all goes like clockwork and nothing gets injured.

Let's have a good week everyone!

TODAY I LOVE: the anticipation of an new week and my CUBBIES!!!

SONG OF THE DAY: "Glory Days" by Bruce Springsteen

CURRENTLY READING: "The Other Queen" by Philippa Gregory

1 comments:

Willie said...

Wow! My wife went to Mizzou! We are HUGE Mizzou fans! I saw those Kansas Jayhawk pictures and just assumed you guys were the enemy, football speaking of course. They are really good this year, I just hope they can get past Oklahoma. It was rough last year when Mizzou lost to Oklahoma not once but twice! Work was tough those days.

You are amazingly positive. How do you do it? I wish I had your attitude. Have you ever found something you couldn't do? With that attitude I bet your great at whatever you do. I'm glad to just know you. Keep smiling