Monday, September 15, 2008

A Good Start

Posted by Sarah

5:00am- 2 miles on the indoor track- COMPLETED
5:30am- 45 minutes on stationary bike- COMPLETED

Well, you have to start somewhere! :) Mentally I had wanted to get a 3-mile run completed, but that just didn't happen. I started getting really sore around the 2-mile mark so I stopped. I'm fine now, but I guess I just need to learn the threshold of what will just be sore and what is going to re-injure me. Anyway, I'm a tiny bit disappointed that I didn't get 3-miles, but the overwhelming sense of accomplishment and excitement for getting back out there is kind of squashing the bad thoughts. Oh, it felt so good. I'll tell ya what, it is going to take some getting used to getting up at 4am again. Wow...that is early. Happy day! I'm walking on air right now. :)

Tomorrow- cardiologist appointment and hair appointment. Yay!

Have a great Monday, my friends!

TODAY I LOVE: wearing my running shoes again

SONG OF THE DAY: "A Good Start" by Maria Taylor

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Girly!
You got to call me so we can catch up, SERIOUSLY!!!! I miss you tons.
Love ya,
Lex

JenZen said...

yeah, yeah, YEAH!!! I'm so excited for you that you were able to do two miles!!! That's great girl. Just slow and easy and you'll be back to those 20 milers in no time. Good luck at the docs tomorrow!!!!

Willie said...

You ran again! I'm so happy. I hope this is a first step towards forgetting this little experience ever happened.

Good luck at the doc tomorrow.

Yea for you!