Saturday, October 25, 2008

Heaven

Posted by Sarah

I just finished reading one of the most beautiful posts. My friend Addie lost her Grandmother this week. She has been in my thoughts and prayers constantly. It hurts losing a Grandparent. I lost my Grandpa in March and I still feel it everyday because he was a big part of my life.

Addie wrote this post about the funeral and a single yellow rose with a mysterious message that showed up. Oh my gosh, you guys have to read the post. It is amazing. Evidently at the funeral this yellow rose was among the floral arrangements and the single card had the message "Dear Polly, Welcome Home." It was from Addie's Grandpa.

Just reading the story makes me cry both for Addie and selfishly for my own loss of my Grandpa. Oh how I miss him. I know he's up there playing with Heidi (his beloved dog) and waiting on all of of to come up and watch some basketball.

Please keep Addie and her family in your prayers.

TODAY I LOVE: memories, sweet memories

2 comments:

Linden said...

Here I am at work, eating my lunch and reading my feeds, just sobbing in my office. Thanks for linking to your friend's post. It's a beautiful story.

(BTW: Hi! I'm Sarah Austin's friend, Linden, and I've been reading your blog for a while. I'm sure I would have commented sooner--like on your 1/2 marathon race report--but I haven't really been keeping up with my feeds for about 2 months now. Life has finally settled down, though, and I think I'll be a better commenter now. :) )

JenZen said...

Ohhh wow...I still to this day struggle with the loss of my last grandparent two years ago. It's so tough to lose a loved one and that hole in heart just never quite goes away.