Friday, October 24, 2008

Two Cups of Coffee

Posted by Sarah

My life has become very boring. I think that is why I don't write much anymore. I need some new subjects to write about. Maybe when I'm heavily back into training it'll be more interesting. I hope so.

Jen got me super excited about San Antonio this morning because she read somewhere that the race is now officially closed! It's true! I just got online to the race website and they have sold out. That means, my dear friends, there will be 30,000 runners for the event! Yay! That is the same amount of runners that were in Nashville in April and the race was so awesome having that many runners. I'm super pumped about it. I like it because you're never alone on the course. I need people to keep me moving. :)

In other news, I read yesterday that there is a high school just outside St. Louis, MO that fears they have an epidemic of HIV. They are testing nearly everyone. I guess one student went to officials and said he might have infected up to 50 people. My goodness folks, is this what we are dealing with in high schools these days? When I was in school (and I know this makes me sound ancient) HIV wasn't a blip on the radar. We were more worried about curfews and alcohol (not me) than any type of disease. So, so very scary. Students have no idea what they are doing to themselves.

Sarah Palin is visiting my town today. Everyone is in a big toot about it. I'm still not sure who I'm going to vote for in this election. I need to see how the candidates fall on the matters that are important to me and then I'll make my choice. This is beyond party lines for me. Things are all blurry.

Is everyone ready for the weekend? I AM!!

TODAY I LOVE: 30,000 runners for San Antonio and dinner alone with my husband tonight

SONG OF THE DAY: "Two Cups of Coffee" by Josh Kelley

1 comments:

Willie said...

Nobody's life is boring, especially not yours. You and Jen are going to have a total blast in San Antonio!

Did you go see Sarah? I have to admit I am intrigued by her. Would love to hear your take on her if you saw her live.